Bluefish mediawiki editor
Bluefish can easily be used as an external editor through It's All Text!
After installing It's All Text! One must be set
- Open a page of wikipedia, editing
- Right click on the form, choose It's All Text! → Preferences
- Fill in the fields Editor
- we need a script to run the editor, I use this one:
#!/bin/sh bluefish -c "$@"
- edit this script and make it executable : $ chmod a+x bf.sh.
- Add the extension .wiki at the beginning of the list of file extensions, making it the default extension.
configure Bluefish-unstable :
- Put mediawiki.xml and mediawiki_snippets.xml files in your home directory ~/.bluefish
- As root, put mediawiki.xml in $XDG_DATA_DIRS/mime/packages :
# cp .bluefish/mediawiki.xml /usr/local/share/mime/packages/
- And update the basis of mime types:
# update-mime-database /usr/local/share/mime/
- Reclaim user
- Open Bluefish and update the basis of snippets.
If you do not have root access, or if you prefer not to put non-standard things in the mime database, you can install in $XDG_DATA_HOME
$ mkdir -p ~/.local/share/mime/packages $ cp ~/.bluefish/mediawiki.xml ~/.local/share/mime/packages/ $ update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime/