Navigating through a document
this page is updated for Manual 2. It needs to be verified! once you have verified this page (and corrected if necessary) please modify the status to v (verified), i.e. st=v (see Guidelines for Writing this Manual)
The editing area is a standard GTK editing area. This means there are many keyboard shortcuts available to navigate through the text.
- Ctrl+Right-Arrow will jump to the next word boundary
- Ctrl+Left-Arrow will jump to the previous word boundary
- End will jump to the end of line
- Home will jump to the beginning of the line
- Page-Up will jump one page up
- Page-Down will jump one page down
- Ctrl+Home will jump to the top of the document
- Ctrl+End will jump to the end of the document
These shortcuts are also available when selecting text. Some examples:
- To select the current line, press Home, hold Shift and press End.
- To select the current word, press Ctrl+Left-Arrow, hold Shift and press Ctrl+Right-Arrow.