this page is updated for Manual 2. It needs to be verified! once you have verified this page (and corrected if necessary) please modify the status to v (verified), i.e. st=v (see Guidelines for Writing this Manual)
Here are the main elements of the user interface.
1. Editing Area
Notebook tab bar
The biggest part of the user interface is the editor area. Because Bluefish has a so-called “Multiple Document Interface”, there are actually many editor areas in Bluefish, accessible via the tabs. By default the tabs are on the bottom. see Preferences User interface
Notice that the current document's tab may be raised by the Gtk theme, and if the document has been modified, its name on the tab is coloured by default in blue. The changes are also noted with blue on the open document list, accessible by right-clicking on the tab. Error documents are colored in red, empty documents in light gray.
You can navigate between documents by clicking on the left and right arrow of the tab bar. You can also reorder the documents using drag n drop.
Drag and drop
- You can drag n drop a selection in document.
- You can import a document in Bluefish using drag n drop. (Actually 2.0.0 this does not function on Windows.)
- select some text in Firefox, drag n drop the selection in your document.
- drag n drop a document, you imports it's URI.
- drag n drop a document in Tab Bar, you open it in Bluefish. (For remote files you need to have a fully functionnal installation of gvfs)
- Document highlighting see Man 2 ch08s12 and Man 2 ch05s11
- Block folding
- Line numbers
- whitespace Highlighting
- Spell checker
- Hidden features