Notes for Bluefish 2 Manual
New features since Bluefish 2.0
- In-line spell checker which is programing language aware (spell check comments and strings, but not code), requires libenchant during compilation.
- Code block folding
- Highlighting matching block start and end markers (both brackets and tags)
- Auto-completion for many programming languages, and even for nested languages (e.g. css inside html)
- Auto-recovery of changes in modified documents after a crash, kill or shutdown
- Character map of all unicode characters (requires libgucharmap during compilation)
- Upload / download synchronisation
- Full screen editing
- In-line reference information (move your mouse over a function name or tag name) for various programming languages
- Many new tools (tabs to spaces, join lines, etc. etc.)
- Right margin
- Templates function (XHTML 1.0, HTML 5, C Header, C Header GPL and PHP
- Tab key indent a block, tab / shift tab for indent/unindent
- toggle bookmark on doubleclick (to add to Man 2 ch06s04)
Bluefih can Highlight the syntax of a lot of languages, 22 actually:
In Bluefish 2 Custom menu is replaced by Snippets in left panel.
Bluefish_2 become without any snippets, you have to import or create them.